I was elected as your MLA in late December 2022. I committed to working hard to ensure our community and hospital received more support financially, and I’m proud of what we have accomplished to date.
Here are the community groups that we helped in the last seven months:
- $30 million to the Grace Hospital for 20 new beds in the ICU
- $49.7 million for St. James Assiniboia School Division in 2023/24 school year, $3.7 million/8.1% more from last year
- Presented 10 Kirkfield Park residents with the Queen’s Jubilee Medal
- Created the Kirkfield Park Seniors’ Advisory Group
- Funding to fix the roof at Deer Lodge Curling Club
- $242,000 for communities in Kirkfield Park through Green Team funding
- $52,500 for the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg
- $33,000 for Westwood Community Church
- $10,900 for God’s Family Church
- Over $60,000 for Historical Museum Assoc. of St. James-Assiniboia
- $75,000 for St. James Minor Baseball Association
- $4,900 for Rotary Club of Winnipeg – Assiniboine
- $15,000 for Sturgeon Heights Community Centre in Green Team Funding
On Wednesday, August 2, I announced even more support for community organizations in Kirkfiled Park. Below is a list of the groups that received the new round of funding to help with community projects and events.
- $226,000 for Sturgeon Heights Community Center
- $140,000 for new Pickleball Courts in Woodhaven Community Club
- $300,000 for Grants Old Mill
- $150,000 for St. James – Assiniboia Minor Baseball Association
- $70,000 for Deer Lodge curling club for their roofing
- $25,000 for vision cheer company
The total invested into our community since being elected as your MLA is over $30 million, and that doesn’t include another increase given to the St. James Assiniboia School Division, more than $49 million for the 23/24 school year, which is an 8.1% increase over the last school year.
This is what we have achieved in just seven months. Imagine what we will do in the next four years.